Thursday, May 9, 2019

Our Local Diocese

I truly rejoice at being able to serve as a priest of the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter and I thank God for my Bishop Steven Lopes. I also want to say, emphatically, that I rejoice that we are located within the boundaries of the Diocese of Springfield/Cape Girardeau. We at St. George have a wonderful relationship with our local diocese and it is a great encouragement to us to have such deep and sincere support from them and especially from Bishop Edward Rice.

We may have some different traditions than the other parishes in the diocese, but it is clear in many ways that they know that we are all brothers and sisters in the One, Holy, Catholic Church. Just today we received our copy of The Mirror, the diocese's newspaper, and they included an article about St. George's new building that was very supportive. If you would, please offer up some prayers for Bishop Rice and his diocese.